Re: Importing OpenLDAP into base

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Luke Mewburn <lukem%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

>At a minimum, the libraries & appropriate client tools so that
>we use NetBSD as a client in an existing LDAP infrastructure.
>
>If supporting the server "in base" would turn out to be a
>maintenance nightmare then we can leave that stuff in pkgsrc
>for those that need it.

It's been my experience with linux distros that openldap quickly falls
behind in versions, security fixes, etc, and asking for help from the
openldap lists (which I was very active on for a few years as an ldap
admin) will not get you much more than "please upgrade to x.y.z" and
some notes about being a better sysadmin.  :)