Re: make: remove wantToken and skip polling tokenWaitJob

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 12:20 AM, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg%juniper.net@localhost> wrote:
The patch mentioned can also be seen at

http://www.netbsd.org/~sjg/make-skip-poll-jobq.diff

The proposal is not to commit that but to simply remove
wantToken etc.

While I most definitely support removal, I'm a little bit worried about
a corner case: what if there are no jobs being executed and the pipe
read fails. Can this code start busy looping until it manages to get
a token?

I think this could be hacked around well enough with a mere sleep(1).

--
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>