Re: install/48303: Linux cross build fails on ppc

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:32:54AM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:
>> I looked at where this was being redefined and it is in compat_defs.h
>> and the following patch fixes this issue, which makes it somewhat
>> simpler than I thought to fix. The only question is whether undefining
>> __unused is necessary on some other platform, in which case the
>> #define __unused could be wrapped eg in #ifndef __linux__ which should
>> be safe.
>
> This change is not acceptable as it will break any place using __unused.
> The short version is that the glibc header shouldnt' be doing this.
> There are even comments in sys/cdefs.h about the compat issues. Most
> other places seem to be using __unused1 or similar, which is perfectly
> fine. Please submit a bug report against glibc...

Well I could try but last time someone did they did not get a very
good response. Ulrich Drepper has gone now, so it might be better.

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-01/msg00039.html

You are right though, this patch doesn't work.

Justin