Re: install/48303: Linux cross build fails on ppc

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:32:54AM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:
> I looked at where this was being redefined and it is in compat_defs.h
> and the following patch fixes this issue, which makes it somewhat
> simpler than I thought to fix. The only question is whether undefining
> __unused is necessary on some other platform, in which case the
> #define __unused could be wrapped eg in #ifndef __linux__ which should
> be safe.

This change is not acceptable as it will break any place using __unused.
The short version is that the glibc header shouldnt' be doing this.
There are even comments in sys/cdefs.h about the compat issues. Most
other places seem to be using __unused1 or similar, which is perfectly
fine. Please submit a bug report against glibc...

Joerg