Re: PCC (pcc-libs/csu/netbsd/crtbegin.c) doesn't build in NetBSD-5

At Wed, 19 May 2010 06:19:04 GMT, "Iain Hibbert"
<plunky%rya-online.net@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: PCC (pcc-libs/csu/netbsd/crtbegin.c) doesn't build in NetBSD-5

> in netbsd-5 branch, I think not .. I fixed a few problems in
> the 'netbsd native' build in -current though

It seems to me then that this would be a bug that should be fixed in
netbsd-5, one way or another, either by removing all hint of PCC from
that branch, or at minimum tweaking it so that it will build and be of
some use.

> In truth, you will be better served by checking out a later version of pcc
> and using ./configure manually than attempting to use the one in tree as
> much development has been done (not sure about the pkgsrc version I
> haven't tried it). I have some plans to import a recent version soon, am
> trying to fix one sticking point (but I'm away from home this week)

I really just want to provide the in-tree version in my builds, not
worry about pkgsrc or anything else.  What's in the native sources is
what I expect to be able to at least make minimum use of.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/