Re: PCC (pcc-libs/csu/netbsd/crtbegin.c) doesn't build in NetBSD-5

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is supposed to work in the netbsd-5
branch or not,
> but I just tried to build PCC there by setting MKPCC=yes
in mk.conf
> and the following errors resulted.

in netbsd-5 branch, I think not .. I fixed a few problems in
the 'netbsd
native' build in -current though

> Can anyone help explain why and maybe suggest how to fix
it?

>     compile  crtstuff/crtbegin.o

these files have been disabled in -current as they are not
needed at this
time. (I left libpcc in the build but I don't think that is
required
either)

In truth, you will be better served by checking out a later
version of pcc
and using ./configure manually than attempting to use the
one in tree as
much development has been done (not sure about the pkgsrc
version I
haven't tried it). I have some plans to import a recent
version soon, am
trying to fix one sticking point (but I'm away from home
this week)

iain