re: updating a piece of the running system from build.sh is too hard

   >  $ cd /usr/src/usr.bin/passwd
   >  $ env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX='/var/obj/${MACHINE}' make obj
   >  $ env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX='/var/obj/${MACHINE}' make dependall
   >  $ priv env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX='/var/obj/${MACHINE}' make install

   >  i'm not sure what is recommended, but this works for me.

   Thanks.  You must have tools in the standard place, and this seems a bit
   like my USETOOLS=no attempt with OBJDIR repointing.  (I'm trying to use
   the build I already did with the normal build.sh cross tools; sorry if
   that wasn't clear.)

oops, i forgot to also add "USETOOLS=no" to those commands.  i do
also have tools in a place that MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX + make will find
them by default, but you can do this without them install too.

.mrg.