Re: Stop shipping static libraries for NetBSD

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:15:34PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:11:12PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> > The proposal is stop shipping; not stop using.  Anything in the
> > build  can continue to use them, as can anyone doing their own
> > builds.  The  proposal is to not ship them so the average user won't
> > be able to link static  programs.
>
> Why make the life of the average user which needs static binaries
> harder ?

do "average users" still statically link application binaries?  the last
time I recall doing so with any regularity, I was still running Ultrix,
where I didn't have a choice.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost