Re: build.sh: set creation is serialized

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 04:14:09PM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> >The issue, as I see it, is that the other parallel tasks during the
> >build are mostly CPU-bound, while this one may very well be I/O bound,
> >depending on the hardware. You don't want to use only one core of your
> >laptop for builds, just because its disk can't handle the last step if
> >done in parallel.
> >
> >running the compiler, and building the binary sets have completely
> >different
> >workloads, so I think the parallelism for each should be configured
> >independantly.
> >

> One can always run build.sh in different stages if thats truly an

but it's much easier to run a single command that does all the
needed steps.

> issue for an individual system.

I'm not sure those systems are really "individual".

> Basically, the knobs already exist but were disabled for everyone...

and I don't feel reenably it unconditiolany is right either.
As build.sh can run the different stages, couldn't it use 2 different
options for the parallelism of the different tasks ?