Re: ANNOUNCE: textproc/icu updates are now restricted after 2/15, in quarterly

Hi,

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> Some dependencies of misc/libreoffice including fonts/harfbuzz-icu require
>> the similar things.
>> misc/libreoffice itself requires relatively big patch for ICU 75 and I will
>> commit the fixes tonight hopefully.
>>
>> As far as I remember correctly, x11/qt5-qtbase has alloca() problem when
>> -std=c++NN is specified.
>> ICU itself may be safe for -std=c++NN, however it may be not safe totally.
>
> I realize you aren't the one that updated icu, but this seems like quite
> a lot of problems.
>
> If we can't get things fixed soon, say in the next 7 days, I think need
> to need to revert the icu update.  By the general policy in quarterly,
> it should not have happened.  I realize that it was not perhaps possible
> to tell this without trying to build everything, as the NEWS entry
> (pasted in from icu release notes) doesn't explain that depending
> packages are going to break.

I have fixed almost all ICU 75 fallouts.
Remaining packages are lang/nodejs20 and databases/postgresql13-client
with icu option.

libcdr, libe-book, libmspub, libqxp, libzmf are recorded as broken in:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2024/06/03/msg025332.html

However I cannot reproduce the errors in my local tree.

After nodejs20 and postgresql13-client with icu option builds are
confirmed, I will remove all packages and rebuild from scratch
to check libcdr and so on.

If anyone finds additional fallouts, please send an email to me.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3