Re: Whither USE_CMAKE?

* On 2024-05-24 at 11:11 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

FWIW these are the commits I'm currently testing:

 https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/commit/e61a4b219bafb83ab367cf9c10f1f3aa54f70d7b
 https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/commit/29684178c5afd7926cce77a610f7bdc0fd9cde33

I tried just the first patch initially and there was some fallout, which is good as it shows it was working. There is a bulk build currently running with both applied which is looking better, it will likely be posted to pkgsrc-bulk@ later tonight, and should be compared against this bulk build as its baseline:

 https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2024/05/23/msg025311.html

Going through the results, there is some fallout, some of which are legitimate pkgsrc bugs that the patch set has exposed:

 +audio/hydrogen                               mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost
 +databases/myodbc                             pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
Issues locating libarchive/libmysqlclient respectively, feels like something is stopping them looking inside BUILDLINK_DIR.

 +print/poppler-includes                    13 reed%reedmedia.net@localhost

  Missing tiff bl3, previously found it via DEPENDS.

 +archivers/lxqt-archiver                    1 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +graphics/lximage-qt                        1 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +graphics/screengrab                        1 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +net/kmldonkey                                pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +x11/kde-runtime4                           5 markd%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +x11/kde-workspace4                         5 markd%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +x11/liblxqt                               15 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
 +x11/qtxdg-tools                            2 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost

These are all similar, something is ending up rewriting link libraries as targets, likely using some shared qt cmake thing.

I'll look into fixing these, but if you have any objections to the proposed patches then now is a good time to speak up.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com