Re: Whither USE_CMAKE?

* On 2024-05-24 at 11:01 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

Until then, I'd say USE_CMAKE is more or less deprecated but still in
very signficant use, so I think we should make improvements there too.
I'm guessing that's faster than long discussions :-)

Yeh, for now I've just added it to both.

FWIW these are the commits I'm currently testing:

  https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/commit/e61a4b219bafb83ab367cf9c10f1f3aa54f70d7b
  https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/commit/29684178c5afd7926cce77a610f7bdc0fd9cde33

I tried just the first patch initially and there was some fallout, which is good as it shows it was working. There is a bulk build currently running with both applied which is looking better, it will likely be posted to pkgsrc-bulk@ later tonight, and should be compared against this bulk build as its baseline:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2024/05/23/msg025311.html

If you want to be truly horrified at the places cmake goes looking for things, add --debug-find to CMAKE_ARGS and have a look at the output.

I'm on holiday next week so will pick this back up afterwards.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com