Re: Initial support for OpenWRT

On 2024-04-19 17:23, David H. Gutteridge wrote:

I faced an issue: https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/issues/137

It should be mentioned here there are other issues filed on GitHub
related to this. Since, yes, this change is "proceed further", not
"complete".

https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/issues/130

True, I linked to the meta-issue #130 in my latest #137.
Now I would like to focus on AWK detection:

https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/issues/132

Separately, I had also suggested
need_awk=yes
since that works around other issues in tooling,

Yes, this does the job.

which, yes, need "somebody" to look at and fix. (Wasn't clear if the
BusyBox awk had all the features pkgsrc requires. Maybe somebody else
knows.)

jperkin@ also suggested changing the bootstrap code here to use feature
tests. Another task for "somebody". :)

Thanks for the support, Dave. I replied to statements of Jonathan today:
https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/issues/132#issuecomment-2067567566

Thought it would be easier to share logs and do text formatting there. Can we continue the debugging on GitHub, or should the interesting bits from #137 be transferred here, into the ML?

S.