python 3.12 fails in bulk builds on 9/{i386,earmv[67]hf,alpha} and {9,10}/m68k

python 3.12 was added to pkgsrc just after 2023Q3 was branched.  It
doesn't succeed in bulk builds for NetBSD 9 i386.  Bulk build reports
(on pkgsrc-bulk@) show the failure on both 2024Q1 and pkgsrc HEAD:

  http://victory.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2024Q1/i386-9.0/20240408.1201/meta/report.html
  http://shadow.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/HEAD/NetBSD-9.0-i386/20240418.1308/meta/report.html

I just built lang/python312 on a NetBSD 9 i386 system (Xen domU) with
2024Q1, and it built without issues.  I installed it and it starts up.

Bulk builds tend to use 9.0 release, vs up-to-date netbsd-9; this
particular system is running a build from late March.  Perhaps that is
relevant, if something python relies on has been fixed since 9 was
released.  Something else could be different, too.  Does anyone know?

I ran a script over the binary package sets on ftp.netbsd.org looking
for arch/OS/version combinations which had a python311 package but not
one for python312.  It's more than 9/i386: more arches, and m68k 10.0.

  alpha/9.0_2023Q4
  alpha/9.0_2024Q1
  earmv6hf/9.0_2023Q4
  earmv6hf/9.0_2024Q1
  earmv7hf/9.0_2023Q4
  earmv7hf/9.0_2024Q1
  i386/9.0_2023Q4
  i386/9.0_2024Q1
  m68k/10.0_2023Q4
  m68k/10.0_2024Q1
  m68k/9.0_2023Q4
  m68k/9.0_2024Q1

It would be great if someone could figure out what's wrong and fix it.