Re: Substitute for git-package.mk in pkgsrc proper?

On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 07:41:45AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 05:31:57PM +1100, Paul Ripke wrote:
> > I'm looking at cleaning up wip/prusaslicer and dependencies for promotion
> > into pkgsrc, and I'm stuck on wip/opencascade-git, where the fetch options
> > are password protected download URL, or fetch via git.
>
> File a bug report upstream, this is unpackable and plain stupid.

Let me rephrase this: it certainly is (technically) possible to
pkg this with a fetch phase that clones the anon git and checks out
the wanted state...

but: upstream clearly does not intend this to be packaged by itself.
Instead applications using (parts of) this should redistribute the code
of the used components (see the FAQ).

So maybe complain to the upstream of the application that you are trying
to pkg that uses this? They should include the proper state of this
code (that they tested against) with their sources.

Martin