Re: Broken implicit DEPENDS?

* On 2023-11-21 at 18:36 GMT, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2023-11-16 at 22:39 GMT, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 08:57:44PM +0000, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
I think at the very least we need to tighten up any packages that are listed
as BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD=build and ensure their files are not buildlinked.

I don't understand this part - I thought we mostly used this setting
for packages providing static libraries - these need to be buildlinked
to be found.

How about if we just exclude .so* and .dylib*?

FWIW this is not a viable option, it just swaps the problem for another one as linking then tries to use the static libraries and runs into relocation problems:

  Text relocation remains                         referenced
      against symbol                  offset      in file
  .text (section)                     0x0         /home/pbulk/build/fonts/harfbuzz/work/.buildlink/lib/libiconv.a(iconv.o)

I think for now we'll just have to see what the fallout is from the fixed check-shlibs and then look on a case by case basis what needs to be done.

Most of them will hopefully just involve adding iconv/gettext/etc to the top-level package.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com