Re: Broken implicit DEPENDS?

Just to clear up why nodejs in particular is failing, whereas the others are just due to being unable to detect the problem nodejs is exhibiting correctly, it's because there is a discrepancy between nodejs' DEPENDS and its buildlink3:

  $ bmake show-depends
  openssl>=3:../../security/openssl
  brotli>=1.0.1:../../archivers/brotli
  libuv>=1.41:../../devel/libuv
  zlib>=1.2.3:../../devel/zlib
  libcares>=1.6.0:../../net/libcares
  icu>=74.1:../../textproc/icu
  nghttp2>=1.58.0nb1:../../www/nghttp2
  ngtcp2>=0.17.0:../../net/ngtcp2
  nghttp3>=0.11.0:../../www/nghttp3

  $ bmake show-buildlink3
  openssl
  libexecinfo
  brotli
  libuv
  zlib
  pthread
  python311
      dl
      pthread
      gettext
          iconv
  libcares
  icu
  nghttp2
      libxml2
          xz
          iconv
          zlib
  pthread
  ngtcp2
  nghttp3

Note that python311 buildlink brings in gettext and iconv, so both of those libraries are available for the application to link against (and indeed it does), but python is not a dependency so they are not pulled in at runtime.

I think at the very least we need to tighten up any packages that are listed as BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD=build and ensure their files are not buildlinked.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com