Re: using pkg-config modules from host (Re: wip/py-numpy + blas)

Am Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:20:57 -0500
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> Indeed, and this is far from proper.

Please see my updated approach that uses
mk/buildlink3/find-pkgconfig-files.mk.

> The right way is to have a package in pkgsrc for the thing that base
> provides, and a builtin.mk.   As nros@ said we have lots of examples.

Does that make sense for a package that is _only_ needed when it is
present in the base system? I'm unsure about libtirpc, which is packaged.

I made python311 use both from the system if found … I might change
that to only look for libnsl.pc and then set PLIST.nis=yes _and_ depend
on libtirpc to trigger its builtin.mk.

But I am unsure if packaging libnsl is the right thing to do. I
wouldn't test the actual package, only the builtin case.

> I think it's a bug that random system libs that are not buildlinked are
> visible.   For example a package that does not buildlink devel/zlib but
> then picks up /usr/lib/libz is basically buggy.

I forgot that you have lots of libs in /usr that you don't want to pick
up in the general case. The whole point of buildlinking. Sorry. There's
libc … and there's the kitchen sink. All at the same place:-/

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis