Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 19:32:13 +0000, David Holland wrote:
>  > That is what libimagequant/available.mk and libimagequant-c are for.
>
> I don't think having gd conditionally appear in the package depending
> on the setting for that is the right way to go.

That's not the way it works, IIRC - it's been a while since I banged on
this, and one thing drives out another, as you'll admit*.

Either the platform or you set LIBIMAGEQUANT_TYPE, and gd will happily
use the chosen libimagequant. Apart from that, gd's upstream makes the
libimagequant dependency a non-default option, but we like to ship with
all lights on for the sake of binary packages.

Cheerio,
Hauke

* and I am not even a fat man

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344