Re: Separating graphics/inkscape and its heavyweight extensions - or other ways to make numpy less heavweight?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 08:13:09AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Is this a build cost issue or an installation cost issue?

Huge build time and a bit of installation space.

> One could also take the view that it's a NetBSD bug not to have fortran
> in base.  How bad is this, once there is fortan?

Indeed, and it might get fixed ;-)
Probably this is the best option forward.

> Assuming plugins work, I am a bit uncomfortable about splitting solely
> on numpy, as that feels hacky, but I don't understand their plugin
> space.

Me neither, and I personally probably never used any of it.

Martin