Separating graphics/inkscape and its heavyweight extensions - or other ways to make numpy less heavweight?

Hey folks,

I know the world outside there is crazy and functional+lean is no upstream
target anywhere, but I just ran into a tiny pkg that is bloated a
lot by stuff I never use (sorry, best criterium I can come up with):

graphics/inkscape is a relatively leightweight simple vector graphics
program.

It comes with a bunch of extensions, and some of them rely on py-numpy,
which itself comes with the whole heavy burden of fortran libs and the
required gcc-from-pkgsrc build on NetBSD.

Splitting inkscape into "inkscape" and "inkscape-numpy-extensions" would
avoid this, but I know this is not the prefered pkgsrc way.

Just wanted to circulate the idea a bit, maybe someone has better ideas.

Martin