Re: pkgsrc firefox91 - rust-fu needed for borrowed value

Hi!

Please file upstream bug reports, take a look at FreeBSD ports and
OpenBSD ports for patches.

The OpenBSD maintainer (landry) is usually very helpful too when you
have questions about firefox.

Cheers,
Thomas

Digging deeper I found the problem is with https://github.com/gfx-rs/wgpu which Firefox includes in the distfile. Building wgpu v0.9.0 fails with Rust 1.64.0, v0.10.0 has been re-written, but I am not sure it is suitable for Firefox 91.

Firefox 92.0.1 is the last version that includes the problematic code. 93.0 has the newer wgpu. Maybe that is suitable for us? Nia?

Adam