Re: pkgsrc firefox91 - rust-fu needed for borrowed value

On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 10:52:10AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 08:53:33AM +0000, nia wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 07, 2022 at 08:18:57PM +0100, Adam wrote:
> > > I suggest removing firefox91 completely. Adding and maintaining Rust 1.63.0 would just complicate things.
> >
> > It's the last version that does not suffer from the bug
> > where web applications stop working after 5 minutes on
> > NetBSD.
>
> Which web applications in particular?
> On any particular platforms or all of them?
>  Thomas

It's noticable with Mastodon, Telegram, and Slack. Anything with
a persistent conncetion - perhaps anything using a service worker.

The same problem exists on FreeBSD for Slack IME.

You can work around the issue by going to about:serviceworkers,
"unregistering" the relevant page, and then refreshing the tab.

Maybe setting dom.serviceWorkers.enabled to false also works?
Time to commit another dirty workaround?