Re: Rust and Q-branching

* On 2021-09-07 at 14:33 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

I gather you have pkgsrc-joyent often updated ahead of pkgsrc, but can
you confirm that wip/rust is ok for illumos (for whatever version/cpu
pairs matter)?    Or perhaps everybody on illumos uses your pkgsrc, and
we can permanently cross it off our list of worries?  (serious q, not
trying to be difficult)

pkgsrc-joyent is only for a few additional packages, 99.9% of what I ship comes from unmodified pkgsrc the same as everyone else, hence why I'm keen to see lang/rust keep up-to-date.

But yes, wip/rust looks ok to me, I used it recently to produce the 1.54.0 bootstrap kit, so that I'm ready for 1.55.0 when it's released on Thursday.