Re: Letting gtk3 depend on adwaita-icon-theme

>So you are saying that many gk3-using applications work totally fine
>when there is no icon-theme package at all installed?
Yes and no, you do need an icon-theme but, it doesn't have to be adwaita.
Here's what I have,
==========
$ ls -lp /usr/pkg/share/icons/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel  512 Feb  3 09:27 HighContrast/
drwxr-xr-x  13 pin   wheel  512 Feb 15 17:33 Orange-Aurora/
drwxr-xr-x  17 root  wheel  512 Feb 16 19:46 hicolor/
==========

>That sounds different from what I heard earlier from others (which is not an
>accusation that you are wrong, simply an observation that we have
>inconsistent information).
>I had trouble with gajim, but I know believe that's a gajim/NetBSD
>issue, not a theme issue.

I don't know about gajim, I simply don't use chat applications.
I've moved most of my applications over to Qt5 and, currently have only a few
gtk3 applications left on my system but, those (firefox, galculator, gnumeric
and Gimp) all work perfectly fine without adwaita-icon-theme. There're no gtk2
applications left on my system, so I'm not saying anything about those.

Also,
$ pkg_info | grep gnome
$

Regards