State of play with kde5

The kde4 desktop stuff is getting very long in the tooth now and various bits
like okular etc. have fallen by the wayside due to the dropping of support for
kde4 in dependancies. In fact, building with the latest pkg2019Q2 I had to
comment out more stuff in the main Makefile to get the build to complete...

kde5 has been out for quite a while now and some of the base support stuff
(qt5 , kf5 etc.) is in pkg. pkgsrc-wip has some of the plasma components, but
some seems quite old (5.12.4 vs the latest 5.16.4). I did exchange emails with
Mark D a while back and he noted stability issues - I think a lot of the
problems may to be due to the code being very sensitive to the compiler
version.

I have been using kde5 under FreeBSD, but *really* would prefer to have it
under NetBSD as I find some bits of FreeBSD are a PITA...

I guess the obvious comment will be - 'if you want it,  then start to build,
test and add it to pkg-wip'. Sadly my C++ skills are non-existent and I find
cmake utterly confusing - I have had to hack around various problems building
packages in the past using horrible kludges, but I wouldn't want to show them
in public :-)

Comments on the state of play and way forward would be helpful

Cheers,
Dave