Re: pkglint and R packages

> On Aug 7, 2019, at 3:03 PM, Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2019, at 1:09 PM, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, it does. I'll wait until the discussion calms down, and then I'll
>> implement it in pkglint. I don't expect it to be much work since almost
>> all ingredients are already there, just waiting to be put together.

I have now updated all the R packages to the canonical form discussed earlier in this thread, and have committed a new version of the R2pkg tool that tries to enforce that form as much as possible.  R2pkg should create packages in the correct form and should maintain that form for updates.  Please use R2pkg to create new or update existing R packages.

One minor point: pkglint might wish to check for the occurrence of PKGREVISION after R_PKGNAME+R_PKGVER and before CATEGORIES in the first stanza.  That seems like the most logical place for it, but if anyone has strong feelings for something different please speak up.

Otherwise, I feel that all the R packages are both up-to-date in form (and almost in version; a few have been updated on CRAN in the last days) and building (for me).  If there are any issues, please let me know.

Finally, as of now the lang/R-codetools package conflicts with the base R package.  I have no idea when it was merged into R, but I expect it to be useless.  Should it be removed or just left alone?

From now on, it should be quite easy to update these with R2pkg, so please make an effort to do so.  If there is anyone interested in the R packages on pkgsrc-wip, please run R2pkg on them to fix them up.  Then they should be easy to import.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook