Re: pkglint and R packages

Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> writes:

> Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind. I'm unsure as well whether it is
> good to omit the MAINTAINER line from the package Makefile, since most
> packages define it anyway. I just noticed there were a lot of these
> packages having the default MAINTAINER, and if the goal is to reduce
> redundancy, this line could be omitted.

I don't think that any "R package" include fragment, or any other such
helper file should ever set MAINTAINER or OWNER.

If we want to say that MAINTAINER defaults to pkgsrc-users@ if not set,
and have it not set, that doesn't upset me much, but I like it being
present as it's an affirmative statement that there is no MAINTAINER,
rather than having to be sure you didn't miss it.