Re: Dependency on devel/readline?

On 3/6/19 1:01 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
I just checked a  system with netbsd-8 and pkgsrc-current, and the
readline packaeg shows that gawk depends on it.

So,  do "pkg_info gawk" and see if it has a registered dependency on
readline.

It does.

As the machine in question had to go back into production, I manually rebuilt gawk, and didn't keep any logs. So I have to work from memory here.

The pkg_rr run errored out in editors/xemacs-packages, during some post-'all' check. Now, xemacs-packages lists gawk in TOOLS, which does not manifest itself in

[hf@Hochstuhl] /<3>editors/xemacs-packages > make show-depends
xemacs{,-nox11}>=21.1.14:../../editors/xemacs
perl>=5.0:../../lang/perl5
[hf@Hochstuhl] /<3>editors/xemacs-packages > make show-depends VARNAME=BUILD_DEPENDS
cwrappers>=20150314:../../pkgtools/cwrappers
[hf@Hochstuhl] /<3>editors/xemacs-packages >

which is probably why pkg_rr thought it safe to rebuild the package between readline and gawk?

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344