Re: Dependency on devel/readline?

Leonardo Taccari <leot%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Hello Hauke,
>
> Hauke Fath writes:
>> [...]
>> following the recent readline upgrade, a pkg_rolling-replace run errored
>> out with a library conflict that turned out to come from lang/gawk.
>>
>> In spite of a readline dependency in options.mk (erm...), gawk had not
>> been rebuilt. What would be missing from the package, and/or what did
>> pkg_rr miss?
>> [...]
>
> I think it is not a pkg_rolling-replace problem but - if I have
> not missed some commits - a not done BUILDLINK_ABI_DEPENDS.readline
> bump and not done revbump to readline dependencies (i.e. after
> updating readline a revbump was needed but it wasn't done).

pkg_rr does basically 'make show-depends' (and 'make show-depends
VARNAME=BUILD_DEPENDS') to figure out how to sort.

But, when you replace a package, things that depend on it (in the sense
that pkg_info wille show it) are marked unssafe_depends.

This is not causally related to PKGREVISION++ (although ought to be
correlated).

I just checked a  system with netbsd-8 and pkgsrc-current, and the
readline packaeg shows that gawk depends on it.

So,  do "pkg_info gawk" and see if it has a registered dependency on
readline.

Dependencies that actually exist but are not registered are trouble!