Re: opal update

On Nov 19, 10:08pm, Rhialto wrote:
} On Sun 18 Nov 2018 at 01:36:12 -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
} >      I've been trying to update opal in order to test t38modem.
} > I've run into a problem in that it gets an error building and I
} > don't speak C++.  I have placed a copy of the new package at:
} > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jnemeth/opal-3.10.10.pkg.tar .
} > There are a bunch of errors of the following form:
}
} Interesting. I extracted your tar file as misc/opal in my pkgsrc-2018Q3
} tree. I get totally different error messages (far less scary), see below.
} This is on NetBSD/amd64 8.0, with gcc 5.5.0.

     Oops, guess I should have mentioned that I was compiling on
-current of Oct. 7th, 2018 with GCC 6.4.0.

} My suspicion from your messages is that they might be fixed (at least
} partially) with some options to force an older C++ dialect. auto_ptr is

     Any suggestions on what the options might be, or how to force
it in pkgsrc?

} deprecated these days, so maybe the rest would profit from that too.
}
} Or possibly, if you have a current pkgsrc tree, it may have newer
} versions of the dependencies, which may give a hint.

    I have updated the dependencies as well.  I'll commit when I
have everything working.

[snip build]

}-- End of excerpt from Rhialto