Re: Structuring configuration file versioning support in pkgsrc

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:05:46AM +0200, Keivan Motavalli wrote:
> Yes, atomicity could become an issue later on, but if goals are to
> change so broadly that support for remote configuration
> repositories shouldn't be implemented (yet?), anything can be
> rethought.

One other aspect I wanted to raise is whether this project should target
mk/pkginstall or pkgtools/pkgtasks. I'm not sure what the status of
jlam's rework it, but it would certainly be the long term goal. It might
even be easier to work on for prototyping in your case and it shouldn't
be too hard to merge the changes back into mk/pkginstall. This is just
food for thoughts.

Joerg