Re: Structuring configuration file versioning support in pkgsrc

On Fri, 18 May 2018 01:31:19 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 01:22:59AM +0200, Keivan Motavalli wrote:
> > The path I'm working on is to have new vcs parameters in
> > pkg_install.conf, have them parsed by pkg_add and passed to the
> > INSTALL script when running VCS-PRE and VCS-POST phases, if
> > needed.
>
> There should be absolutely no need to change pkg_install at all. This
> should be done purely in pkgsrc/mk/pkginstall.
>
> Joerg

I see. Should the pkginstall scripts parse themselves a new vcs-related
configuration file?

Which one should it be, and would this mean the configuration file path
would get hardcoded at build time, even when mass building packages for
use by third parties? Are there ways around this?
How should the script obtain authentication parameters?

Thanks