Why do we need Python sub-modules?

Hello,

Is there a reason why Python internal modules (curses, elementtree, sqlite3, etc.) are being disabled and put into external packages?

I noticed some Python packages require some of these modules. They assume the modules are present in the system, and do not specify them as dependencies. Obviously.

I propose we enable back at least some of the modules, like those that do not require too many dependencies (I would keep 'tkinter' in py-Tk, for example). That would keep Python as standard as possible.

Comments, please. :-)

Kind regards,
Adam