Re: pkgsrc gcc discussion #3874

On 12/31/17 10:54, Greg Troxel wrote:
Jason Bacon <bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

But how many people use pkgsrc and never build a C++ package?
I think if you use pkgsrc on an odd arch, on  a very small computer, and
only build a few things, to make a firewall box usable, then you might
well not need to build C++.  But I agree that it's unclear if this
population is big enough to worry about.

On any platform with binary packages, the cost of the "extra" compiler
suite is especially trivial.
Yes, if your disk is big enough, but I'm thinking about building from
source on odd architectures.

I wonder if pkgsrc is used much in embedded applications?

--
Earth is a beta site.