using clang from pkgsrc to build packages?

I don't want to derail the "how to deal with gcc" discussion, but it
seems likely that using clang on older NetBSD results in a better
situation than using the older gcc, and it therefore seems useful to
improve notes about how to use clang.

This page:

  https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/pkgsrc/clang/

explains how to use the clang bundled with NetBSD with pkgsrc.

I wonder how well it works on various NetBSD versions if one does:

  start with no packages
  build/install lang/clang from pkgsrc
  set: PKGSRC_COMPILER=clang CLANGBASE=/usr/pkg
  continue

Is this something I should put in the wiki?  Or is the above a bad thing
to do??
Has anybody tried it, particularly, on 5, 6, or 7?