Re: Policy for adding DEPENDS

Actually, I like this suggestion - one of the weaknesses of pkgsrc's
infrastructure is that it's all or nothing right now, and that can
work sometimes, and other times not. Some packagers err on the side of
minimalism, others on the side of bling. To be blunt, we've dodged the
issue for 20 years, and it's probably something that should be
addressed soon. :)

I imagine binary packages are just built with the DEPENDS and
RECOMMENDS included? If so, I'm not seeing any difference for binary
package users. For source builders, it'd be nice, but a lot of the
work most recently has been in binary packaging, so just trying to get
a feel for these things.

Thanks,
Alistair