Re: pbulk parallel builds

* On 2017-06-05 at 18:49 BST, Benny Siegert wrote:

> Hey Jonathan!
>
> > Joerg had issues with it and I'd prefer we sorted out a design we're
> > all happy with first.  Also as I mentioned I don't actually use this
> > patch myself, and am still using my previous set of patches:
>
> Is there a reason why you are not using the patch that you are
> proposing to commit? That would give it a certain amount of
> additional testing, no?

Mostly because it'll be a reasonable amount of work to update pkgbuild
to use it, and will be complicated by the fact I'll need to support
both sets of patches so needs to be done cleanly.  I don't want to
have to commit to this work until I'm sure we'll go ahead with the
proposed design.

I have however tested it in my NetBSD VM.

The other reason is that I actually want people who have no or little
experience to test it.  This stuff has lots of sharp edges, and it's
too easy for me to have too much inside knowledge and work around
things without thinking, whereas new users will very quickly tell me
what they don't understand or what doesn't work or what would be
better from a new user point of view.