Re: gettext-tools with g-prefix (was Re: xgettext with UI files support)

Le 05/10/15 18:05, Richard PALO a écrit :
> Le 03/10/15 08:26, Richard PALO a écrit :
>> Two things,
>>
>> 1. I'll update the symlinking to use ${PKGMANDIR} instead of 'man'
>>
>> 2. But there seems to be a potential problem with using PKGGNUDIR in the symlinks in that it could be "" (or something else)
>>    instead of "gnu/", changing the relative base.
>>
>>    Isn't there a way to leave the full specification in the packages and have bsd.install.mk 'record' the right "relative"
>>    path instead?
>>
>> Observations?
>>

> I've updated http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext-tools.patch
> (thanks thomas for updating gettext in the meanwhile)
>
> I'll file a bug for the issue with relative symlinks in install, it seems clear that packages should
> specify the full path.  The installer, if it changes something to use relative, it should also update
> what is *recorded* as installed.

Looks like full testing will have to be commented out as at least autoconf in USE_TOOLS seems to cause a circular
dependency when building help2man from a freshly bootstrapped system.
I'll have to regen the patch.

--
Richard PALO