Re: gettext-tools with g-prefix (was Re: xgettext with UI files support)

* On 2015-09-25 at 15:20 BST, Richard PALO wrote:

> Here are the latest versions of two patches for review putting gettext into PKGNUDIR like other gnu packages:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext-tools.patch
> http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/gettext.mk.patch

I'd like to push these through a full bulk build prior to committing,
and will run that this weekend.  I think we're now at the stage where
we understand the problem and definitely want to see this go in, but I
have a couple of issues with the patches as they stand:

 - I've not seen a reason why the libxml2 dependency is required,
   could you explain?  It would be nice to keep important packages
   like this to the minimum number of dependencies necessary.

 - If BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.libxml2 is required it should go in libxml2's
   bl3.mk file (I'll test this).  Packages shouldn't set this
   themselves.

 - The PLIST looks wrong.  You should have entries for both the
   bin/gfoo file and the gnu/bin/foo file.  Also use 'gnu' rather than
   '${PKGGNUDIR}' for consistency with other packages (the PLIST
   handling takes care of substituting it with the correct directory).

The best way to test this is by verifying that the default "gnu" value
for PKGGNUDIR and also setting it to "" (what we do on SmartOS) both
package correctly.

Thanks,