Re: MESSAGE considered harmful

I would ask instead that the binary package managers please learn how
to show this information to users, because (at least in my opinion)
where I have added them, they provide information that will avoid the
potential for serious disappointment by the users.  Such as
security/mit-krb5/MESSAGE and security/openssl/MESSAGE.SunOS

If 'make install' leaves the software in an unsafe (default password)
or unusable state, I think a MESSAGE is warranted.

The latter of my examples reminds me... what about all the platform
specific MESSAGE.platform files?  Would you deprecate them too?

Thanks for listening,

 - Tim