Re: Building Abiword 3.0.0 fails in build stage

On 22 December 2014 at 14:17, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> "David H. Gutteridge" <dhgutteridge%sympatico.ca@localhost> writes:
>
>> I really don't think it's beneficial to have a separate plugins
>> package anymore. It makes more sense to integrate the plugins as an
>> option within the base package (which is what I've done). As you've
>> found, even when "no plugins" is specified, it still builds the one
>> that handles ODT documents, so at a minimum the base package will
>> install that one, and it'd be confusing to have one plugin coming
>> from one package, and others from a separate one.
>
> Can you explain how you see this working with binary packages built for
> bulk builds (with default options) and users installing them via pkgin
> or something?   Which plugins would be default on, and what do people
> have to do to get ones that are default off?

The opendocument plugin is builtin with Abiword. To disable it
completely one has to specify "--disable-default-plugins".

With "--enable-plugins=yes" one build all plugins for which
dependencies are already available (think of an "auto-plugin"
feature), otherwise --enable-plugins="foo bar" will compile all
specified plugins and will check for dependencies while configuring.

--
Ottavio Caruso