Re: Building Abiword 3.0.0 fails in build stage

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, at 09:22:32 +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>Just a quick update. I have built the package abiword-3.0.0 with all
>plugins and it runs fine until one saves a document. Then it crashes
>and segfaults. I had more or less the same problem with Abiword v2.8.
>I am not going any further with this package, but I could try to
>upgrade the existing one keeping plugins and abiword separate. If
>anybody wants the related files, please mail me off list.

I resurrected my old work to move it to 3.0.0 and now have my own
version of a GTK3 Abiword 3 package. I can't duplicate the problem
you're having saving documents with either the stock pkgsrc 2.8.6
package version or the 3.0 package I've produced. Can you be more
specific about what you're doing that causes a crash?

I really don't think it's beneficial to have a separate plugins
package anymore. It makes more sense to integrate the plugins as an
option within the base package (which is what I've done). As you've
found, even when "no plugins" is specified, it still builds the one
that handles ODT documents, so at a minimum the base package will
install that one, and it'd be confusing to have one plugin coming
from one package, and others from a separate one. (Not to mention
the presence of multiple make files seems to have introduced
other confusion, viz. the conflicting options concerning gnomevfs
support in the existing package between files.)

My version of the package needs a fair amount of tidying up. (For
instance, I've seen it successfully finds dependencies that aren't
actually specified in my make file, e.g. Abiword needs libgcrypt now
since it supports Blowfish-encrypted ODT files.) If you're abandoning
your efforts, I can take over as I have time.

Regards,

Dave