Re: pkgsrc frozen as of now

Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 03:20:53PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote
> about the freeze:
>
>> The usual rules apply: no infrastructure changes, non-leaf updates
>> only after confirmation from pkgsrc PMC, and bug und bulk build fixes
>> for all platforms welcome.
>
> For lang/erlang 2013Q3 on NetBSD-5.1.2/arm (gcc is 4.1.3) I need
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-native-ethr-impls
>
> (make test finished successfully a few minutes ago).
>
> I think the same problem applies to 2013Q4-to-be.
>
> Note that this is upstream policy:
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/46#issuecomment-21719585
>
> so I suggest we identify the port/OS combinations where this is
> a probem, and add the configure line for them.
>
> (I think all but i386, x86_64, sparc (which is v9), powerpc, mips)

I think what you are proposing to do is to have a .if on
OPSYS/version/arch and pass that CONFIGURE_ARGS if any of a list match.
Thus there would be no change on any system not matched, and presumably
the matching systems wouldn't have built, and thus no need for
PKGREVISION++.   So there's no reason you can't go ahead and make the
change (although as always, sooner is better than later during freeze).

(It strikes me as broken to have to detect and add flags, rather than
upstream's configure compiling test programs, but I don't understand the
details.)