Re: Perl core modules, corresponding module packages and dependencies

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:46:03 +0900, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

Thanks for adding the CONFLICTS, Obache!

I found some my mistake, and fixed now.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 09:37:54PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
2. Update p5-* package marked as CONFLICTS with base perl5 package.

I think I've finished this step today, based on joerg's bulk build
output, except if some were hiding behind the ones I fixed.

Thanks!

3. Fix DEPENDS pattern for CORE modules.
    < DEPENDS+=      p5-File-Temp>=0.19:../../devel/p5-File-Temp
   > DEPENDS+=       {perl>=5.10.1,p5-File-Temp>=0.19}:../../devel/p5-File-Temp
   You can know sufficient perl version with `corelist -a File::Temp'.

Should be done now.

If broken is happened with my update, my fault, or originally dependency
pattern was wrong.
Please fix or report the bug.

4. Add to CONFLICTS of perl5 if you added p5-* package it also in perl CORE.

Please, please :)
(I have not touched pkgsrc-wip packages)

5. Update CONFLICTS at update lang/perl5.
   `corelist -diff ${PREV_PKGVERSION} ${NEW_PKGVERSION}' will help the j

I've added notes below CONFLICTS patterns about packages using newer than
CORE modules.
It will help to update DEPENDS pattern of such packages for the case
relevant CORE modules is bumped with Perl update.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost