Re: Bootstrapping on Mavericks [Re: import wip/leveldb to pkgsrc/databases]

* On 2013-11-23 at 13:20 GMT, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:

> 22 нояб. 2013, в 21:18, Jonathan Perkin <>
> написал(а):
> > * On 2013-11-22 at 12:35 GMT, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
> >
> >> However, fresh pkgsrc installation still halted at libtool-base
> >> with missing dlopen() dependency message. The mk/
> >> tries to find some header files, but without success - Mavericks
> >> has no /usr/include with default XCode installation (how to change
> >> that at App Store? o_O), so it's required to install command line
> >> tools as well:
> >>
> >>    xcode-select --install
> >
> > You don't need to do this with pkgsrc trunk, there are a number of
> > changes to accommodate XCode 5.
> Well, I tried it with pkgsrc-2013Q3, indeed, and my system was
> upgraded from Lion with relevant XCode to Mavericks + Xcode 5.0.2.
> Good to know it work on pkgsrc-current.  IMHO it would be good to
> backport the checks to pkgsrc-2013Q3 as well, could you create a
> pull-up request, please?

I'm not going to do that - these patches are still under active
development and could still do with a full bulk build to highlight any
further issues and possible improvements.

Also I do not like anything which isn't a critical security fix being
pulled up.  We have a very fast release cycle already, and there is
too much risk that a pullup might cause a regression on a supposedly
stable branch.  The 'xcode-select --install' work around will suffice
until we release 2013Q4.

We've already had to rebuild most of our entire package set twice due
to miscellaneous pullups of large dependencies to 2013Q3.

Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -