[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
License question (frink)
I'm just pkgsrc'ing frink (a TCL formatter/checker) and it comes with the
* Copyright 1994-2002 The University of Newcastle upon Tyne
* Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
* documentation for any purpose other than its commercial exploitation
* is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright
* notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and
* this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that
* the name of The University of Newcastle upon Tyne not be used in
* advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
* without specific, written prior permission. The University of
* Newcastle upon Tyne makes no representations about the suitability of
* this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express
* or implied warranty.
* THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH
* REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE UNIVERSITY OF
* NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF
* USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR
* OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
* PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
* If you wish to use this software commercially please contact the author
* for information as to how this can be arranged.
* Author: Lindsay Marshall
* Department of Computing Science
* University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
This looks like a 3-clause BSD license plus no-commercial-use.
Is there a matching license or do I have to create licenses/frink?
Do I have to set any NO_XXX variables due to the "other than its commercial
Main Index |
Thread Index |