Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 09:35:45AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > >   Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:57:02 +0200
 > >   From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
 > >
 > >   3) we need a good way to cross-compile X11 libraries and basic tools
 > >      (e.g. xterm, twm). The server alone is useless.
 > >
 > >Working on it...  xterm is currently cross-compilable in pkgsrc except
 > >for its dependency on desktop-file-utils which brings in glib2 and
 > >thus Perl.  Not sure about twm.
 >
 > No MimeType key in neither uxterm.desktop nor xterm.desktop,
 > so it is safe to purge dependency on desktop-file-utils.
 > (see The pkgsrc guide 19.6.20)

This is my fault; I added desktop-file-utils to a lot of things based
on bogus guidance from pkglint. We need to instead have a build check
that checks the actual installed desktop files for mime types; this
AFAIK hasn't been done (I haven't had time) and I have been waiting to
go and clean up the mess I made until this check was in place.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost