Re: fixing x11-links

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 06:27:38 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 09:36:37PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > > > -.if ${X11_TYPE} == "native" && ${OPSYS} != "Cygwin" &&
exists(${X11BASE}/lib/pkgconfig/dri.pc)
 > > > +.if ${X11_TYPE} == "native" && ${OPSYS} != "Cygwin" && ${OPSYS} != "NetBSD"
&& exists(${X11BASE}/lib/pkgconfig/dri.pc)
 > > >  PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.MesaLib+=    dri
 > > >  .endif
 > >
 > >It might, but I don't consider it satisfactory. The only thing getting
 > >in the way of building cairo with dri/drm support is x11-links.
 >
 > But it was not required for NetBSD, just added for OpenBSD (and not
 > broken on NetBSD back then), then I found it was broken with
 > Cygwin, it's the current situation.  Making exception on NetBSD is
 > just back to original situation for NetBSD.
 >
 > Please refer commit log of pkgsrc/x11/libdrm/buildlink3.mk rev1.16.

I'm not sure I fully understand; you're saying that the dri option was
turned off by default for OpenBSD not because it didn't work but
because x11-links was breaking it, and that OpenBSD should therefore
be removed from the above test after x11-links is fixed?

I don't remember detailed situation, but
 * dri is on for OpenBSD native X.
 * some X libraries are provided with .la on OpenBSD
then dependency libraries must be buildlinked (with x11-links).

So if it cause the problem for NetBSD, please just change its condition.

 > If you really want to Reduce mimimal requirement of libdrm from 2.4.15,
 > you also do recursive bump from there, because packages depending on
 > libdrm will be changed to use builtin one instead of pksrc one.

Aren't any such packages going to be linked to both pkgsrc and native
libdrm and thus broken?

Yes, same as recent fontconfig API bump.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost