Re: pkg_install patch to support sysutils/etckeeper

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 08:53:43PM +1200, Steven Drake wrote:
> The attached patch is my simple attempt at the needed hooks, does anyone
> have any improvements or is this or to commit.

I don't like this approach :) I think the correct way forward is to add
directories like
$PREFIX/libdata/pkg_install/{pre,post}-{install,deinstall}
and execute the scripts in it (sorted by C locale strcmp). This should
happen in the same place as the current +INSTALL/+DEINSTALL calls with
consistent order relative to them.

Joerg